Attributes We Encourage, Nurture and Teach
To us, the attributes of the Signature – a growth mindset, ethical citizenship, curiosity, self-awareness, grit, voice and leadership – are critical to the development of character and set the stage for success. We believe working towards these attributes helps each student realize his/her full potential and make a difference in the world. Everything that happens at the school, from academics to co-curricular activities, is designed to help students develop these important attributes.
- Embracing a Growth Mindset: I cultivate the attributes of the Signature of a C2H star pupil to prepare for life’s opportunities and challenges. As an Ethical Citizen, I help others do the same.
- Curiosity: What? Who? Why? When? How? How come? I have an open, curious mind. I like to explore, investigate and uncover. The more I learn, the more my world opens up
- Self-Awareness: I am more than what you see. You are more than what I see. I use my thoughts, feelings and actions to know myself. And express what I stand for. The more honest I am with myself, the more compassionate I become
- Grit: Even when it’s difficult, I strive to achieve my goals. I have a keen focus. My passion pushes me to achieve something meaningful. Even if I fail, I tell myself I have grown.
- Voice: I hear a voice in my head, my heart, my gut. I decide when and how to use it, for myself, and those with no voice. It’s sometimes strong, sometimes soft. But it’s always there. And always worthy.
- Leadership: The more I find ways to reach my own goals and face my own challenges head on, the more I can help others do the same. As a leader, a follower or something in between.